When it comes to choosing an Orange County chiropractor, there are many factors to consider. Of course you want someone who is professional and experienced, but you also want someone who is attentive and caring. Just like with any other healthcare provider, it’s important to ask questions from your chiropractor to ensure you’re getting quality chiropractic care.
Here are five basic questions to ask your Orange County chiropractor during your first visit:
1. What chiropractic techniques do you use? Chiropractors vary in their approach and philosophy to healthcare. While some chiropractors only focus on standard spinal manipulations, others may incorporate treatments such as massage therapy, electrical stimulation, exercise, active release technique, and other forms of therapy as well. Knowing your chiropractor’s approach will help you understand the benefits of each type of treatment.
2. What are your qualifications? Don’t be afraid to ask your chiropractor about his or her qualifications. You should know how long they have been a chiropractor and if they have had experience treating your specific condition or injury.
3. What is the source of my pain? Your chiropractor should review your medical history and complete a thorough chiropractic exam before making any adjustments. He or she will ask you questions like: When and how did the pain start? Where is the pain located? Is it a result of an injury? This will help him/her diagnose the source of your symptoms and apply the best treatments to help relieve the pain. Knowing the source of your pain will also help you avoid further injury.
4. Are there things I can do at home to support my treatment? Chiropractors can suggest helpful exercises and stretches you can do at home to speed up your recover process.
5. How many treatment sessions will I need? A good chiropractor will do his or her best to get you pain free as quickly as possible. You and your chiropractor should set goals for your treatment and evaluate the process as you go along,